Saturday, June 20, 2009

I TOLD YOU TO... part THREE


You had a blue diary
But I bet if you remembered it at all
I carefully transcripted it for you
In case you want to know all about it

The handsome gynecologist was Prof.Rachagan
Wednesday 20th May 1987 it was
Normal appointment day at the Ante-Natal
What? Did you say "the baby was no good?"

OW! Rushed up rushed here rushed there
The nurses were shoving the wheels
The graph showed a deep sunken valley-like
That showed the heart beat? Yup!

"Fetal distress", was it? Yes? No?
I was shocked... wasn't I? Of course I did
The baby was lacking oxygen?
"Cesarean"! I slumped in that blue chair

It was a taboo to hear that vary word
But the Prof.sent me home for lunch!
Meanwhile blood pressure had shot up
I was so scared of cesarean

Three o'clock was the time on the wall
Someone was with me in that cold room
That sent me shivering to my spine
My teeth were greeting each other endlessly!

For two days I did not get to see him
I was told it was a him
I prayed hard for his hands, fingers and all
Were to be normal

He was in the incubator for observation
It was that bad, the temperature had to be normal
Then he would be with me by my side
I prayed hard for his safe journey into my arms

The pains that followed, was indescribable
But I endured it with patience
Alhamdulillah syukur (Thanks Allah)
I have a little rest at last!

Son, every little word was scribed for you
To read, to share and to treasure later in life
But alas! It went elsewhere
I told you to keep it, didn't I?


4 comments:

AnjuGandhi said...

thanx for your visit to my blog.
any pain is worth the little one which we get to nurture and who makes us a complete woman

RoyalTLady said...

True Anju.

Early sacrifices pays off...

azahar said...

Sacrifice of a mother to her children...a real sacrfice indeed...

The Dutchess said...

Thank you...beautiful words...beautiful strong woman:)