Thursday, October 29, 2009

THE LIGHTS THAT MY EYES SEE THROUGH THE LENSES PART 3




The moment I looked up, what did I see????  The most spectacular ceiling I have ever seen... lights and lights everywhere....

ll

The seats were not fully occupied but the clapping of hands after each performance was as though the auditorium was full....  
They have the best acoustic I believe.


Before I knew it, the concert was over.  It brought back old childhood memories with such nostalgia back then in our boarding school.  The songs were so very familiar and the best part, as was never seen before... the orchestra was so creative this time. 

Beginning with something anew...They played a silent movie and the songs were perfectly synchronized with their acting.  It was An Eastern Westerner silent film starring Harold Lloyed.  Credits to the auspicious conductor Mr.Carl Davis.  Obviously he deserved an outstanding complement and a "Standing Ovation"  from us all....but... there was non.  Not a culture here, I guess.   The 20 minutes interval took us back to our suite lounge 
and we had some snacks and drinks.


During our school days, we were entertained with black and white films every week end, ranging from the adventures to the tear-rolling ones...not forgetting To Sir With Love!!!! 

After the break, the concert started with The Big Country, High Noon,  Stage Coach, Rodeo - Saturday Night Waltz and Hoe-Down, Dances With The Wolves, The Call of the Faraway Hills, the  High Chaparral  reflected fresh memories of the classic Cowboys and Indian series - the music brought back memories after memories from the old school days, Overture to Oklahoma, The Green Leaves of Summer - Battle of The Alamo (this in partcular I remembered so well because I remember watching this film back then), Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head with my most favorite actors 
Paul Newman and Robert Reford....
(I especially have strong and special bond with this song as I danced in a group  performance in school....but I was not a graceful dancer... I remember wearing long pants and blue shirt holding a folded umbrella...hahahha), 
THEN finally came the most favorite of all the songs... 
The Magnificent Seven....


The picture was taken when the concert was over and the guests were leaving.  The musician have left but the empty chairs faithfully remained there until the next night....


 That was where we were seated before the show began 
and during the 20 minute's break...

 
Out we came and caught a glimpse of this gigantic chandeliers in the middle of the lounge, hanging so prestigiously down... 
the lights and my cam did not sychronise well enough...

No comments: