Thursday, March 5, 2009

Mom of the Year Award




Thank you Raden Galoh for this unexpected reward of the year. Felt honored. I tried posting earlier but it seems a bit too long to write... where to begin (because there were too much to write) thus this unplanned delay.



The award comes with a set of rules which include:

1. Admit one thing you feel awful about (involving being a mom).


2. List 7 things you love about your kids, you love doing with your kids, or that your kids love about you.


3. Send this to 5 other moms of the year that deserve a reminder that they too are the best moms that they can be. Remember to send them a note letting them know you have selected them, and also add a link to your post that directs people back to the person who nominated you.


Admit one thing you feel awful about (involving being a mom)


I was all the time fierce and strict with them and that earned me a new name "Mummy Monster"

During their younger days, I was unreasonably strict with them all. Commands reach their ears in high tones and they were expected to do their tasks on the double.


List 7 things you love about your kids, you love doing with your kids, or that your kids love about you.(Why 7? I bet we mothers have many...)


1. I love to see them so well behaved, well mannered and sometimes sharing joys with laughter. I also love to see them fighting over something very silly. This however, has gradually outgrown them. Hardly hear anymore "young adult's" fight nowadays. I guess they have started to feel grown up. They LOVE to see me "leaving them alone" nowadays...


2. I love hugging and kissing them before they go off to work and school. I always returned their "salams" - hand shakes with "doas" - prayer for their safety and to receive Allah's Blessing throughout their journey and while performing their responsibilities at work or schools. I pray so that they become very patient in facing problems, difficulties, human attitudes and high demands at work. Always reminded them to do things with integrity and with "Iman"... We both love this morning "ritual" and they just love kissing-on-the -cheeks...


3. I love cooking for them whenever I have the opportunities. They too LOVE cooking and have their own favorite dishes and menus to share in return. I love to see them putting efforts in cooking and prepare something different. I know all of them prefer me to cook before they arrived home from work. When Harith sleeps long enough, I tried rushing with cooking simple dishes that caters for "healthy food with less oil"... that normally includes "grilled prawns and fish", plenty of salads or "boiled" leafy veges with appropriate ingredients. Once a week, I served them alternately with fish curry cooked in fresh yogurt, chicken in korma gravy with fresh milk, boiled fish with onions, garlic and galanggal....


4. I love and enjoy sharing their exam results as much as they LOVE showing as "rewards" for ME... Thank you and Well done children, keep it up! Each time I take a look at their results, I felt "self rewarded" and felt worth the while having "monstrous" attitudes... Congratulations children.


5. I love listening to them all... as I get older I become more tolerant and become a good listener. They pour their hearts out whenever they set their eyes on me. I love giving responses if the conversation needs, otherwise, the whole session would strictly be "just lend me your ears mom"... I am luckier than them...... whenever I pour my hearts out, I have all their ears for me but they only have one ear listening to them... They LOVE listening to mine too.


6. I love watching them taking over the "duty" of looking after Harith who is so adorable. He makes every worries go away in no time. He smiles with two dimples that seems so warm and melts your heart. They love holding him, bathing him, changing his diapers, etc. etc. etc.


7. I love seeing them "surging forward and helping" each other almost instantly ... I always told them to help their siblings and try solving our problems together. Be inter dependent, survive and uphold our family dignity and be respectable towards each other, be kind hearted, never have any ill feelings, be sincere in helping, AND discard selfishness in your hearts!!!!! If everyone upholds these "attitudes", insyaallah, we would constantly be Blessed by Allah. Amin. They all love taking over my "task" and they perform so well with love and care!!

Mmmmm sounds seriuos eh?


And finally, oooooooooooooooooooph! This is the hardest part... everyone in this blog land deserved this award ...

I'm extending this award to
YOU!!!!!!!!!! All wonderful mothers, superwomen of all years... Kudos to all of you sisters! Please pick and post in your blogs.

No comments: