Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Aishah Schwartz

April 19, 2002 Marked the Beginning of...
Sister Aishah's Islamic Journey

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh!

Insha'Allah, if you have found this page, you will find a blessing from 
reading some of the the stories I have written documenting my 
journey into Islam. It seems that since I came to embrace Islam, my 
mind has been flooded with thoughts and ideas...my senses are 
keener than they have been in a long time, and I feel reborn!

There have been so many wonderful experiences along the path of 
this new life changing journey, that I found myself being led to begin 
to document some of them; whereupon I considered that the internet 
could quite possibly be the most effective venue through which to 
record them! Insha'Allah, hopefully Allah subhanaahu wa wa ta'ala 
will be able to use these experiences to encourage and strengthen 
those who may be led to read them!  

By way of introduction, you can read my "Shahada" story.  It seemed 
like a great idea to put this story together after I had been asked 
many times, "How did you become a Muslim?"

The presumption that my conversion (or reversion) had to be because 
of marriage,  or because of September 11th, was so predominant a 
first reaction in everyone's mind, that it had begun to drive me crazy!

No, I did not embrace Islam because of marriage, and I did not come 
into the religion because of September 11th!  Al-hamduillah!  I came 
into the religion because I was led by Allah subhannahu wa ta'ala!

After writing the Shahada story, my second article was inspired as my 
first Ramadan approached in November of 2002, and "Adopt A 
Ramadan Buddy" was born!

Al-hamduillah, when my first Ramadan came, I found myself writing 
the story of "My First Ramadan", and so the journey began!  Now 
there is a Journey Library! *smile*

Insha'Allah, if it furthers the purpose of delivering the message of the 
beauty and peace of Islam, then please feel free to share this page 
with your friends, Jazakallahu khayran (may you be blessed for doing 
so).

Insha'Allah, if you drop in from time to time, I will do my best to 
keep these pages updated.

May Allah subhanaahu wa ta'ala guide us and bless each one.

Ma'Salaama!
~Aishah

No comments: